What is it?
Pitch With a CAUSE is a competition for anyone who has an idea for a business that makes a positive social or environmental impact.
Who's it for?
The competition is open to anyone who's interested in making a submission-high schoolers, undergrads, grad students, non-students, retirees, kindergarteners, etc. Everyone is welcome.
What can you win?
The team selected as the winner at the 2015 Social Impact Summit will take home the $1,500 grand prize! Second place wins $1,000 and third place wins $500.
How does it work?
Round 1: The online application includes answering a variety of questions related to your business idea.
Consider the following questions when writing your business pitch:
- What is your idea? How does it work?
- Who are your customers? Who are your beneficiaries (if different)?
- What is the social need? How will beneficiaries benefit?
- How will you make money?
- What is your competitive advantage? Why will customers buy it?
- Who is your team? What experience/expertise do they bring to the venture?
- What are your funding needs?
The deadline to submit applications is February 28th.
Round 2: A panel of expert investors and social entrepreneurs will select the top submissions to present at the Social Impact Summit on Friday, April 6th. Each group will have 5 minutes to pitch their idea followed up with 5 minutes of Q and A from the audience and panel of judges. The judges will carefully evaluate and select the three groups to win the $1500, $1000, and $500 prizes.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!