What is it?
Pitch With a CAUSE is a competition for anyone who has an idea for a business that makes a positive social or environmental impact.
Who's it for?
The competition is open to anyone who's interested in making a submission-high schoolers, undergrads, grad students, non-students, retirees, kindergarteners, etc. Everyone is welcome.
What can you win?
The team selected as the winner at the 2015 Social Impact Summit will take home the $1,500 grand prize! Second place wins $1,000 and third place wins $500.
How does it work?
Round 1: Submit an online application through this link: http://www.f6s.com/pitchwithacause. The online application includes a written pitch of your business (1000 words or less), and a video (3 minutes max) of your pitch. The video is not mandatory for submission, but is highly recommended.
Consider the following questions when writing your business pitch:
1. What is your technology, product or service? What do you sell and the need it fulfills.
2. Who is your target market? Who buys this product or service and the size of the market.
3. How do you plan to make money? Describe the source(s) of revenue and how you will sell.
4. Who is your competition?
5. What is your competitive advantage? Explain how your company is better than your competition.
6. Who are your team members and what is each members proposed role?
Submissions open on November 9th. The deadline to submit applications is March 4th. Applicants will be notified with their results via email by March 21st.
Round 2: A panel of expert investors and social entrepreneurs will select the top 5 submissions to present at the Social Impact Summit on Friday, April 8th. Each group will have 5 minutes to pitch their idea followed up with 5 minutes of Q and A from the audience and panel of judges. The judges will carefully evaluate and select the group with the winning idea to receive the $1,500 prize.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!